BRAND NEW FOR 2018: A fully revised edition of the most comprehensive guide to sensory processing challenges
"At last, here are the insights and answers parents have been searching for." -Dr. Temple Grandin
For children with sensory difficulties - those who struggle process everyday sensations and exhibit unusual behaviors such as avoiding or seeking out touch, movement, sounds, and sights - this groundbreaking book is an invaluable resource. Sensory processing challenges affect all kinds of kind - from those with developmental delays, learning and attenion issues, or autism spectrum disorder to those without any other issues. Now in its third edition, Raising a Sensory Smart Child is even more comprehensive and helpful than ever.
In this book, you'll learn:
*How the 8 senses (yes, 8!) are supposed to work together and what happens when they don't
*Practical solutions for daily challenges-from brushing teeth to getting dressed to handling holiday gatherings
* Strategies for managing sensitivities to noise, smell textures, and more
*"Sensory diet" activities that help meet sensory needs, with new ideas for kids, teens, adults, and families
* Parenting tips for handling discipline, transitions, and behavioral issues
*How to practically and emotionally support children and teens with autism and sensory issues
* Ways to advocate for your child at school and make schools more "sensory smart"
*How to help your child with sensory issues use technology effectively and responsibly
* Ways to empower your child and teen in the world
* Where to get the best professional help and complementary therapies
***WINNER of the NAPPA GOLD AWARD and iPARENTING MEDIA AWARD***